TOP 10 Teen Grooming Mistakes | Common Young Men's Grooming Mistakes
We talk a lot about grooming - mostly old dude problems! Young men grooming needs have been neglected. In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro talks about young men's grooming mistakes.
Young Dude Grooming Mistakes
- Thinking you don't need to shower at least once a day - take at least one shower a day and soap / scrub your body. Don't shower longer than 10-minutes so your skin won't dry out.
- Wearing too much cheap cologne and body spray - don't overdo it!
- Not properly washing your face twice a day - you need to properly wash your face 2xs a day to remove dirt, oil, sebum, and gunk. You can prevent breakouts and blemishes. Being young is tough, but being young with acne is tougher. Alpha gets more emails from young guys about how they have breakouts that are killing their confidence. Invest in a good scrubbing brush-- like the Vitagoods | 70% off Spin for Perfect Skin Brush which Alpha recommends. It is just as good as the $200 version! Use it in the shower with cleanser to remove the grime.
- Not using a facial moisturizer daily - if you clean your face, you need to moisturize! Plus, if Alpha knew then what he knows now, he would have started moisturizing earlier. Want to look better than all of your classmates at your 25 year high school reunion? Moisturize!
- Teenstache - the slightly dark peach fuzz needs to be shaved off until it comes in robust. As you shave, it's stimulated to grow darker and thicker.
- Poor oral hygiene - take care of your teeth. Brush, floss, mouthwash. If you have braces, make sure to get food out of them. Also don't use colored bands with your braces.
- Using too much hair product - use less product so your hair is not weighted-down & looking greasy. Also be sure to emulsify the product. Pete and Pedro Putty is recommended for matte product with high hold. It can be used wet or dry.
- Dirty nails are scuzzy! - keep your nails and hands looking good and clean
- Over plucked, tweezed, or waxed eyebrows - let them grow but clean them up
- Stinky feet! - scrub your feet with soap or scrub, use powder in your shoes, and stick shoes in the freezer to kill the bacteria growing in your shoes (place in plastic bag before putting in freezer)