In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro is discussing saunas. They are designed to have you sweat in a cedar lined room with a heat source (wet, dry, infrared).
Visiting a sauna is relaxing and good for you at 150 to 200 degrees F (70 to 100 degrees C). If you have medical conditions, have a conversation with your doctor before sitting in a sauna. Also note that a sauna needs to be taken seriously: you need to work-up to 15 minutes. The max time for anyone is 20 minutes. Saunas can be dangerous if abused.
Dry Sauna Benefits
- Flush toxins - through sweating.
- Weight loss - your metabolism is sped up like cardio (20 minutes / 170 degrees F / 500 calories burned). You can't rely on it for basic weight loss, however. You will lose weight immediately after a sauna visit which is water weight.
- Improve immune system - increases white blood cell counts so you don't get sick as easily and heal faster.
- Hair looks fantastic - sebaceous glands release essential oils to moisturize your locks.
- Look younger - blood rushes to skin's surface which helps with collagen production and skin cell regeneration.
- Relaxation - Alpha's personal favorite.