Gym Gear Do's And DON'Ts | Tips Not Look Like a Douche When Working Out
In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro says that he's talked a lot about style on IAmAlphaM except for workout clothes. Look, you want to still look good, sharp, muscular, and super sexy-- but not like a douche!
Alpha attributes his confidence to working out-- it changed his life. You can do it, and do like like a sexy savage:
- Shoes - function trumps fashion here! They need to be specific for your activity. Make sure they're clean
- Shorts - big, long, and baggy make you look shorter. Alpha discusses inseams as well as wearing tights under shorts in colder weather.
- Workout pants - big and baggy sweatpants make you look short, heavy, and pear-shaped. Alpha demonstrates the perfect leisure / work out pants from Public Rec. They are amazing-- they are crazy comfortable and look like tailored pants. You can always look dynamite. Alpha also shows Public Rec's new bomber jacket that matches the pants.
- Tee shirts - big and baggy tee shirts don't show off your guns. Your shirt needs to fit well. Alpha is not a big fan of Under Armour shirts. Very few (like three!) look great in these shirts-- the rest look like sausages. Alpha describes the perfect fit of a perfect workout tee: sleeves that are high, fitted through the body, snug in the chest. Alpha recommends Trim Menswear which he has a ton of their gear which are tailored to the athletic build.
- Tank tops - wife beaters don't look good on anyone and aren't appropriate for the gym. Also, DO NOT WEAR HOMEMADE TANK TOPS MADE OUT OF TEE SHIRTS - they make everyone look like they have love handles, and nipples should not be showing! Go for a tank that is tight in the chest and looser in the body.