In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro says this past Friday night he had a date night with sushi, beer, and ice cream. The next morning, he was a swollen and puffy mess from water retention and lack of beard grooming. He looked 20 pounds heavier! This bloat is the inspiration of this video.
Tips for More Defined Face and Stronger Jaw
- Stay hydrated - if you're not properly hydrated, you'll retain water. Your body will flush with the more water you drink.
- Reduce consumption of sodium
- Lose body fat - it's noticed in the face quickly
- Creatively utilize facial hair - full puffy beards don't make you look thinner or more angular. If you have cheek fuzz, taper it. Soul patch and goatees help to elongate and slim it out as well as longer, thinner, and angled sideburns. Designer stubble, short and maintained, is the best way to define your face.
- Define you boundaries - Alpha demonstrates where to trim. He also discusses the neck beard and how you need separation. He demonstrates with Dr. Carver's Shave Butter (it's translucent, and you can see what you're shaving) and the Executive from the Dollar Shave Club (high quality blades for a few bucks a month).
- Chose a taller and tighter hair style - big and swooping makes your face look rounder.
Facial Exercise to Reduce Chubby Cheeks
This exercise strengthens the muscles. First, fill upper lip with hair. Hold for 10 seconds. Blow over to one of your cheeks. Hold tight. After 10 seconds, repeat to other cheek. Do this rotation 10 times. You don't realize how many muscles you have in there until you try this.