Alpha loves corduroy pants so he gets excited with cool weather because the time has arrived to 'rock the ribs'. But not all corduroy pants are created equal.
Aaron Marino of alpha m. covers some basic info and characteristics about corduroy pants:
- The fabric is cotton, velvet, and ribbed.
- The wale refers to how many cords are in a square inch. Standard wale is around 11, which you will in any men's store that offers a men's corduroy pant.
- Cords come in the same variations of fit similar jeans: relaxed, straight, skinny.
- The majority of cords are a flat-front, non-cuff pant. They should fit you like a chino.
- Cords come in a wide selection of fun, rich, earthy colors.
- They are very versatile and can be dressed up or down.
If you don't have a pair of cords, get a pair this fall ... perhaps a khaki pair. Once you experiment with those, try some other fun colors. But here's the deal- they will wear out. When they become shiny, it's time to retire them.