What is your drink of choice? Your beverage of choice tells a story about you. In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM, AaronMarino, and Pete & Pedro discusses whisky -- it's an acquired taste. But once you get it, delicious! Whisky is made from fermented grain mash and is broken down by region: American, Irish, Canadian, Scotch. And within each category, you have different brands.
Alpha discovered whisky after being a beer drinker. He also used to chew tobacco, and when he quit, he also quit alcohol. During this time, he discovered the show Mad Men which they were always drinking whisky. So he tried it-- by three tries, he started to really love it. You don't get bloated like with beer. It's sippable and enjoyable. Alpha now only drinks bourbon and scotch.
Whisky Drinking Like a Gent
- Find your signature whisky
- Know how to order your whisky whether neat / up, on the rocks, or added spring water
- Know the age - the higher the age, the higher the quality.
- Single vs blended whiskies - single is stronger, blended is milder. Alpha likes the single because of the bite.
- Whisky is not just for special occasions. It's great when unwinding.
- Drink responsibly!