Laziness is something that we all suffer from time to time. Laziness can affect you in different ways. The first step in getting out of your rut is identifying your type of laziness. Until you identify and understand why you’re feeling lazy, it’s impossible to get out of your laziness rut.
Eight types of laziness
- Confusion. Don’t know what to do
- Neurotic fear. Saying that you can’t do it.
- Fixed mindset. Saying you’re scared or scared to fail.
- Lethargy. Not having the energy.
- Apathy. Not caring.
- Regret. Feeling too old or it’s not worth trying.
- Shame. Being embarrassed or upset for not achieving or going after what you want.
- Identification. Identifying as a lazy person.
Techniques to put an end to being lazy
- The majority of people are not intrinsically lazy. You may be bored or don’t know what to do. You may have low energy. First, identify what type of laziness you suffer from. Stop blowing smoke up your ass and be willing to be honest with yourself. Get over your fear of failure. Build yourself esteem and confidence by failing because once it happens, you’ll realize that it sucks, but you can pick yourself up and learn from it. You can move forward when you’re less scared to fail, and you’ll be more motivated.
- If you’re lazy because you don’t have energy, you need to start making a plan. Start making habits that will impact your energy. If you’re not getting enough sleep, get some solid 7 to 8 hours a night. Laziness is an epidemic and a byproduct of people making excuses. Get your ass to the gym and exercise; by moving your body, your energy will go up through the roof. You won’t feel energetic eating crappy food containing sulfites, fats, and salts. Give your body healthy foods that don’t weigh you down. Verb Energy bars are little caffeinated snack bars that are unbelievably delicious and free of toxic chemicals. They are low in calories too.
- The next step is to identify the things you’re better at than most people. What is that special gift that you have? Every single person has one, and we often feel lost because we aren’t staying true to the things that we love or are good at. Too often, we take the road others want us to take instead of the one that feels right or inspires us.
- Another cause of laziness is when we have to do things we’re not really excited about or don’t want to do for other people. This causes us to feel pathetic, which in turn causes us to feel lazy and procrastinate. But if you do things for yourself that will better yourself or that you’re passionate about, you can get really motivated. Figure out what your North Star is and then strive for it. This will get you motivated.
- Feeling stuck can also make you feel lazy. If you’re not moving quickly enough toward your goals or you feel like your goals are too far away, break the tasks into manageable chunks. Figure out small manageable ways daily to do certain things that will motivate you over time and put you in the right direction. Being overwhelmed can cause you to not know where to start. Allow yourself to win daily, and then with consistency, you’ll develop healthier habits.
- Make sure you take better care of yourself physically and mentally. If you’re around people who make you feel bad or are lazy, you won’t be motivated because you’re falling into their bad habits. It’s okay to outgrow people. It’s actually critical. Also, if you have people in your life that are telling you that you can’t or shouldn’t, this will destroy your mental health and make you insecure. You must get rid of them and get away from these toxic people. Sometimes these people are family members, spouses, or significant others. You need to protect yourself mentally.
- If you’re feeling lazy, get off of the internet. It’s cheap dopamine that you get from doing things that are unhealthy. Whether looking at porn, TikTok, Facebook, or Instagram, you get a little dopamine every time you surf. The truth is you need to start getting it through healthier means. Dopamine is not supposed to be super easy to get. It’s supposed to be part of the reward system for doing hard things that sustain us. If you want to feel more motivated and less lazy, you have to stop getting dopamine in the cheap and unsexy way. Exercise, work out, work toward your goals, and you will be more motivated and feel better physically and mentally.