Certain things make a man look more attractive, like growing a beard and working out. Some things will make you more productive or smarter, like reading. But the things I will cover today will make you a better man by maximizing your potential.
10x yourself as a man
- Dressing better. Dressing better is not superficial; it’s the reality that we live in. The world is incredibly competitive, and some people have advantages over others, such as those who dress better. People who take pride and ownership in their style have more social and professional opportunities. You’ll also feel good about yourself.
- Exercising daily. You’re doing something amazing for your body when you exercise every day. Exercise will change the way that you look & feel physically, and it will make you mentally stronger. A pill or TRT will not have the same results as you need to put in the time and the work by getting your ass to the gym, going for a walk, doing squats, doing push-ups. Just do something good for your body every day.
- Stopping excuses. Take ownership of your life, which will make the most significant impact when trying to accomplish incredible things. Stop waiting for perfect timing, and don’t blame anybody else for your unhappiness or where you are in life. Stop waiting for success to fall into your lap. Taking ownership of your life is one of the most powerful mindset shifts that can happen because instead of thinking, waiting, and blaming, you are doing.
- Changing trash sleep. To kickass in life, prioritize sleep by getting 7 to 8 hours of solid, deep sleep every night. To improve the quality and quantity of your sleep, (a) set a bedtime. Don’t stay up super late. (b) Keep your room around 65° so you will fall asleep faster and have a better night’s rest. (c) Make your room as dark as possible because ambient light disrupts sleep and circadian rhythm. (d) Make sure you have a quality mattress like the Helix I use. Take the sleep quiz if you don’t know what type of mattress you need.
- Not chasing women. Instead, pursue your goals. When you stop obsessing about women and stop looking at porn and social media, focus on spending time doing what will move you forward to help you achieve your goals.
- Not drinking alcohol. Try it for the next 30 days. When I quit alcohol, not only did I have better relationships, but I felt better about myself. I also didn’t feel bad in the morning from a hangover, and I looked better because I wasn’t consuming extra calories. If you’re truly serious about changing your life, quit drinking for 30 days to open your eyes to a new way of living.
- Helping others daily. Helping others will change your life and make you feel fantastic about yourself. Helping people has the same effect on your brain as antidepressant drugs. Seek out opportunities to help, even if efforts are as small as opening the door for somebody. You will start to feel better about yourself, and your self-esteem will rise. Ultimately, your confidence will end up going through the roof.
- Controlling fear and pushing it down. Fear holds us back from doing what we want, whether asking a girl out, going after a new job, or fulfilling our dreams. Fear of failure and fear of rejection will kill your dreams more than actual failure ever will. Work out that ‘fear muscle’ by putting yourself in a position to get rejected. Try my 5% trick. Putting yourself into uncomfortable situations will make you more confident in the long run.