Research shows that women find men’s forearms the most attractive male body part. Research has also concluded that if men’s arms and forearms are soft and doughy, they are not as attractive to women. My goal today is to review tips and tricks, discuss bro science and science, and provide examples of my favorite bicep supersets.
Get leaner and sexier-looking arms QUICK
- Shave. Removing hair is an old-school bodybuilding trick. Hair will make you look softer, and your arms will look more vascular by removing it. And then, when your veins start to heat up, they have a better chance of looking more visible.
- Reduce subcutaneous water. If you’re retaining water, chances are you will be holding on to some in your arms. You won’t be as lean or able to see veins as well. Make sure you’re hydrated by drinking a gallon of water daily.
- Increase blood volume. Drink enough water to give your body what it needs to have more blood circulating through your veins.
- Reduce body fat. A thin layer of fat is in between our skin and veins. The thinner the layer, the more pronounced your veins will be. To do this, ensure you’re burning more calories than you’re consuming. The best diet is a balanced one that is sustainable. You need to eat carbohydrates that provide glucose and glucagon to get them to swell up. The healthier and cleaner you can eat, the better as well. It’s not just about reducing the number of calories but also about burning calories.
- Do cardio daily. Cardiovascular exercise benefits your cardiovascular system as well as promotes body fat loss. There’s no one size fits all solution to what cardio you should choose, but do something you love. I go for a run 3 days a week, and then 4 days a week, I use my Crossrope. Weighted jump roping is one of the best activities to work out your arms and get the blood pumping and circulating. It’s a great cardiovascular exercise is, and it’s fantastic for your arms and vascularity. Check out Crossrope AMP and use code ALPHAM for a special discount.
- Lift weights. Progressive overload and consistency are the names of the game. Make sure you’re working your arms regularly. No one exercises better than the other; choose whatever you can do and be consistent. I recommend chasing the pump. It’s a workout method where you will use a lighter weight and perform more controlled repetitions.
How to get an INCREDIBLE pump
Use a weight you can control and get a high number of repetitions. I’m using 15 lb dumbbells, and my elbows are tucked against my body. Do not rotate. Keep the contraction on the muscle and have a nice squeeze at the top with a pause. Repeat for 10 repetitions. Then, with your arms still pinned at your side, lift the weights like a hammer curl but keep the position more neutral. Repeat for 10 repetitions, slowly and with a pause. When you’re done with those 10, do another 10 a bit faster with a bit of bounce in the knee. Upon completion, sit down the weights and rest. Repeat this set three more times for a total of four sets.
I want to talk quickly about supplementation, which I’ve noticed a considerable difference from using. L-Arginine is an amino acid that converts nitric oxide, a vasodilator. It relaxes blood vessels or veins, making Big Al strong and rock solid. The same principle applies to your arms being vascular. L-Citrulline also increases nitric oxide. These are natural and healthy supplements that make your pumps and vascularity insane.